September is National Honey Month! With climate change affecting weather patterns and causing stress to our pollinators, many are wondering how they can do their part to protect bees in the changing climate, disease, pesticides, and poor management practices.
So, this month, consider supporting an organization with a mission to protect bees. For dabbing enthusiasts with a sweet spot for pollinator habitat sustainability, consider purchasing a yellow honey straw from Dip Devices to contribute to Operation Honey Bee.
The Connection Between Hemp Plants and Bee Preservation
Just because male hemp plants don’t have psychoactive effects like their female counterparts doesn’t mean they aren’t helpful in other ways.
Hemp offers critical support for bee populations since it produces copious amounts of pollen, providing bees with a rich food source. Additionally, hemp cultivation often involves minimal pesticide use, further protecting these essential pollinators.
Portable Dab Rigs: A Brief Concentrate Vape Overview
Portable dab rigs, also known as wax pens or concentrate vaporizers, have gained immense popularity among cannabis enthusiasts. They provide a discreet and convenient way to consume cannabis concentrates such as wax, shatter, and oil. These devices typically consist of a battery, a heating element, and a chamber for holding your concentrate. While efficient and easy to use, they may not be everyone's cup of tea.
Honey Straws: A Unique Alternative to Dabbing on the Go
Honey straws, on the other hand, offer a distinct and innovative approach to consuming concentrates. The classic honey straw design features a slender glass or plastic tube that resembles a bee’s “proboscis” or tongue used to collect nectar, honey, and water.
While you must heat the end of a classic, simple honey straw to enjoy your concentrate, our Little Dipper Honey Straw makes dabbing your terp sauce as simple as pressing a button and gently inhaling.
Comparing Honey Straws to Portable Dab Rigs
Are Honey Straws or Dab Rigs More Portable and Discreet?
- Honey Straws: Honey straws are incredibly discreet and portable. They're perfect for on-the-go consumption since you can consume concentrate right from the container.
Portable Dab Rigs: Despite the name, portable dab rigs are sometimes slightly bulkier and more conspicuous than honey straws.
Are Honey Straws Easier to Use than Portable Dab Rigs?
- Honey Straws: Honey straws are incredibly user-friendly. You don't need to worry about loading your concentrate with any additional tools. Simply dip the tip directly into the concentrate container and enjoy.
- Portable Dab Rigs: Dab rigs require more tools like a metal dabber or a butane blow torch to heat the nail on the rig to the desired temperature.
Are Honey Straws Easier to Clean and Maintain than Portable Dab Rigs?
- Honey Straws: Dab straws are much easier to clean than portable dab rigs since they usually consist of only a few components. The minimalist design translates to fewer nooks and crannies where residue can accumulate.
- Portable Dab Rigs: Dab rigs may take more time to clean since they are generally larger and consist of multiple components such as a water chamber, percolators, heating element, and more.
Support Bee Preservation With the Yellow Little Dipper Honey Straw
Nearly one-third of our food depends on pollination from honey bees. Protecting this at-risk species starts with awareness and education. It’s at the center of Dip Device’s mission to support organizations doing important work to solve problems like these.
When you buy the Little Dipper in yellow, a portion of the proceeds will go directly to Operation Honeybee. This organization advocates for global sustainable agricultural practices to restore vital bee populations.
The next time you want to enjoy your favorite cannabis concentrate, consider reaching for a honey straw to help you dab. Not only will you relish the flavorful experience, but you'll also contribute to honeybee preservation efforts, one honey straw at a time. Learn more about Dip Device’s mission and its innovative dabbing products here.